This is the part about my weekend. I am not going to ramble. Or use complete sentences. Friday: Halloween celebration. Fun. Ballerina. One of three people in school dressed up. Desserts. Many. Yummy. Left for Barbate. Saturday-Monday: Barbate (Cadiz), Chani, family, cookout (paella, fried fish, yummy), accent even harder to understand than Sevilla's, zen approach, good time. Monday: roommate moved in. Nice. Puts toilet seat down. Today: payday, whoo, Glee, run.
Random thoughts:
Did I mention my package came? I've never been more appreciative of unscented deodorant.
Wedding rings go on right hands here.
Today when I went to the bank in Aznalcollar, I also went to the post office and decided I want to start doing more stuff there, even if it's just little errands. I do work there, after all. Next step is fruit/veggie shopping. But first I need an awesome shopping bag.
OH! Did I already mention you can't get your own fruit at the stores here? You go wait in the (super cute) fruteria, then tell the person what you want and they weigh it and add it to the bag as you go. It's really weird because I feel out of control and I also feel dumb because it goes something like this: "Whatcha want?" "An eggplant" [Fruit man gets eggplant, weighs it, and puts it in the bag] "What else?" "Three carrots" [gets, weighs, bags] "What else?" "A zucchini" [gets, weighs, bags] "What else?" "A tomato" [gets, weighs bags]...and this goes on for several minutes, plus with a number of misunderstandings because (I'm fairly certain this is how it happened, anyways) on the boat from Spain to the New World, the monks and/or conquerors got bored and thought it would be hilarious to change like all the names of the fruits and vegetables.
I will be hanging out with Julie this time next month.
Halloween is not a big deal here. Still kind of fresh from the US. Also the costumes are only for little kids and are scary. Apparently they save the funny and creative outfits for Carnival.
Doorknobs are in the middle of the door here. They didn't get the torque memo.
Random New Spanish Word: "salud" is for toasts only. "Jesus" is what you say when someone sneezes.
Ok, picture timeeee!
A tower at the Plaza de Espana, where I've been going to get visa-esque stuff. You probably don't care, but the flag on the left is the Andalucia one. I've been surprised how much it shows up. Like how people have South Carolina flag bumper stickers. But thank God I haven't seen Andalucia flag belts and flip flops and koozies.
Same plaza:
The Cathedral and La Giralda (used to be the mosque tower, whatever those are called, and now it's a belltower. Oops.)
The Cutest Thing In the World I promised a few posts ago. This one bridge has tons of locks like this that couples put on and throw the keys in the river. Horrible for the marine life, I'm sure, but whatever.
Same river. My side, Triana. It used to be a separate town but now it's just part of Sevilla. Bustling, with about everything you could need, fewer tourists (excepts there's lots on this bridge because on the other end it's right by the bus station and it's tragedy pants galore.)
Some of my kidlets! Feliz Halloween indeed!
Some more of my kidlets! These are some of the fourth year ones. If you haven't picked up on this, I like them best. But shh. HA I remember the days when I actually believed teachers when they said they didn't have favorites.
Some of the hooligans at recess. They have to be fenced in. Yet they still stand by the door. It's like the hamsters I had when I was little. They can't figure out that, as much as they scratch at the door, they're stuck in there.
Some of the teachers. The tall guy is Francisco, my bossman. And Andy in his Halloween getup.
The church in Aznalcollar (accent on the o but I'm too lazy to make that happen):
One of the main streets of Aznalcollar:
La farola (lampost...self explanatory):
Sooo this is where I work:
Wheeee off to shower and go to this bar downstairs with the roomiesss! Digo. Companeros de piso. EDIT Chani and friends. That's right. I update my posts. What now?
No comments:
Post a Comment